Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

What's Hot

Sardar Azmoun, who left the team, declares his love for Iran and supports the World Cup team | 2026 World Cup

May 21, 2026

President Trump changes EPA refrigeration rules to push up food prices

May 21, 2026

Demonstrators set fire to Ebola treatment center in Democratic Republic of Congo, demanding return of bodies

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Vimeo
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
Home » Iran World Cup squad members apply for US and Canadian visas in Turkiye | 2026 World Cup News
Sports

Iran World Cup squad members apply for US and Canadian visas in Turkiye | 2026 World Cup News

adminBy adminMay 21, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Many players submitted visa applications directly to the U.S. Embassy in Ankara ahead of training camp.

Published May 21, 2026May 21, 2026

The Iranian soccer team attended a visa appointment in Turkiye ahead of the World Cup, with the entire team applying for Canadian visas and some players also submitting applications to enter the United States.

An Iranian Football Federation official told Reuters that a number of players had submitted their applications on Thursday in the Turkish capital Ankara.

The entire team attended the Canadian visa appointment, but some players who had not applied for U.S. visas before the U.S. and Israel attacked Iran in February also submitted visa applications directly to the embassy.

Some Iranian players based abroad joined the team in Ankara and then moved to the team training camp in Antalya, on the Mediterranean coast of Turkiye, the official said.

Players and members of the Iranian national soccer team depart from the U.S. Embassy in Ankara after submitting visa applications ahead of the 2026 FIFA World Cup, May 21, 2026. The vice president of the Iranian Football Federation said this on May 20, 2026. "very confident" The team complies with FIFA protocols as it prepares to compete in the World Cup in America. The players would stay for several weeks before heading to the World Cup, which will be co-hosted with the United States, but the United States, along with Israel, began bombing Iran on February 28, sparking a wider war in the Middle East. (Photo by Adem Altan/AFP)
Athletes and delegation members submitted their US visa applications in the Turkish capital (Adem Altan/AFP)

The World Cup will be co-hosted by the United States, Canada and Mexico, with Iran scheduled to play all three group stage matches on the West Coast of the United States.

Iran is scheduled to play New Zealand in Los Angeles on June 15, Belgium on June 21, and Egypt in Seattle five days later. If you want to advance to the final tournament, you will need access to Canada.

Iran is holding a pre-tournament camp in Turkiye following the suspension of the Iranian domestic league in March, and many players lack the physical strength to play.

The squad trained in Antalya earlier this week as coach Amir Galenoei prepares his team after most of the country-based players spent seven weeks without playing during the Iranian league’s suspension.

Iran qualified early for the expanded 48-team World Cup, but preparations have been overshadowed by uncertainty over travel and security arrangements following the US and Israel’s war against Iran.

The Iranian Football Federation previously announced that the team’s U.S. visa application would be processed in Turkiye after consultation with FIFA.

Iran is scheduled to play Gambia in a friendly on May 29, after which Ghalenoei will name the final 26-man World Cup squad by FIFA’s June 1 deadline.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleIEA chief: Oil market could enter ‘red zone’ by July due to falling inventories
Next Article Survivor’s Rizo Velovic details shocking weight loss after two seasons
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

Sardar Azmoun, who left the team, declares his love for Iran and supports the World Cup team | 2026 World Cup

May 21, 2026

Neymar shakes off injury fear to play for Brazil at World Cup | 2026 World Cup News

May 21, 2026

Stars Sadio Mane and Kalidou Koulibaly named in Senegal’s World Cup squad | 2026 World Cup News

May 21, 2026

Germany makes Neuer first choice as World Cup keeper at the end of retirement U-turn 2026 World Cup News

May 21, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Our Picks

Newly freed hostages face long road to recovery after two years in captivity

October 15, 2025

Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga dies at 80

October 15, 2025

New NATO member offers to buy more US weapons to Ukraine as Western aid dwindles

October 15, 2025

Russia expands drone targeting on Ukraine’s rail network

October 15, 2025
Don't Miss
Entertainment

Survivor’s Rizo Velovic details shocking weight loss after two seasons

By adminMay 21, 20260

The flight attendant had planned to take home her $1 million prize on Survivor: China…

Huda Mustafa and Louis Russell break up after 9 months of dating

May 21, 2026

How did they spend their $1 million prize money?

May 21, 2026

Mike White taps White Lotus’ Charlie Davis, Camila Karteges

May 21, 2026
About Us
About Us

Welcome to BWE News – your trusted source for timely, reliable, and insightful news from around the globe.

At BWE News, we believe in keeping our readers informed with facts that matter. Our mission is to deliver clear, unbiased, and up-to-date news so you can stay ahead in an ever-changing world.

Our Picks

Demonstrators set fire to Ebola treatment center in Democratic Republic of Congo, demanding return of bodies

May 21, 2026

274 climbers set new record by summiting the south side of Everest in one day

May 21, 2026

Radio station apologizes after incorrectly announcing King Charles’ death

May 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 bwenews. Designed by bwenews.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.