Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

What's Hot

Storm apologizes after co-owner reprimands teenage girls for supporting Cunningham | News Basketball News

July 30, 2026

China threatens to retaliate against US ban on humanoid robots, claims it will cause ‘serious damage’ to relations

July 30, 2026

Mark Zuckerberg predicts billions of people will have personal AI agents within five years

July 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Vimeo
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
Home » Iran behind attack on cargo ship in Strait of Hormuz near Oman
Finance

Iran behind attack on cargo ship in Strait of Hormuz near Oman

adminBy adminJune 25, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


View of a commercial cargo ship and crude oil tanker anchored in the Gulf of Oman off the coast of Muscat, Oman, preparing to transit through the vital Strait of Hormuz on June 21, 2026.

Shade Arasa | Anadolu | Getty Images

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Berger Ghalibaf speaks during a press conference in Tehran, Iran, December 2, 2025.

Shadati | Xinhua News Agency | Getty Images

Mohammad Berger Ghalibaf’s rebuttal followed remarks in the past days by President Donald Trump and Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent that a temporary peace deal that would unfreeze Iranian assets would benefit American farmers.

The comments came as President Trump faces criticism from some Republicans over his handling of the war with Iran and the memorandum of understanding.

In a post about X, Ghalibaf wrote, “America falsely claims that unfrozen assets will buy its agriculture. Interesting.”

“The only crop we are harvesting is what you planted: decades of distrust,” Ghalibaf wrote. “It’s organic, it’s plentiful, it’s homegrown. But apparently the U.S. only exports GMO soybeans, and the promises are broken and the bullshit continues.”

When asked for comment, the White House provided a statement from a U.S. official that said, “The frozen funds have not left the channel and no frozen funds will leave the channel unless Iran meets the requirements set forth in the MOU.”

“The United States must approve how the funds will be used, as outlined in the memorandum of understanding,” the official said. “As Vice President J.D. Vance announced this week, once Iranian assets are released, they will be used to purchase American agricultural products to feed the Iranian people.”

“The funds and sanctions released by the U.S. Treasury will be placed in a U.S.-controlled escrow and used to purchase food and medicine imported exclusively from the U.S., including corn, wheat, and soybeans from America’s great farmers,” Trump wrote in a social media post Tuesday.

Bessent echoed that assertion Wednesday in an interview with CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” saying the Treasury Department would oversee the release of Iranian funds.

“A very large percentage of that will go toward purchasing food and medicine for the United States,” Bessent said.

Read more CNBC’s political coverage

Iran has repeatedly denied these claims.

Earlier this week, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei said that purchases of agricultural products would be based on “price and quality” rather than conditions imposed by the United States, according to the Associated Press.

“It’s interesting that the philosophy and purpose of the war – the destruction of Iranian civilization and the collapse of Iran – ended up enriching American farmers,” Baghaei said.

The White House on Wednesday asked Congress to approve nearly $88 billion in additional spending for costs related to the war with Iran, as well as aid to U.S. farms and the response to the Ebola outbreak in Africa.

The request was immediately opposed by Congressional Democrats.

Also Wednesday, in a late-night vote, the Senate rejected a resolution that would have given Congress the power to end the war. The vote came a day after the Republican-controlled Senate approved a similar bill.

The reversal came after a private meeting between President Trump and Senate Republicans, two of whom changed their earlier votes. Bill Cassidy of Louisiana switched his vote to “no” on the resolution, and Rand Paul of Kentucky changed his vote from “yes” to “yes.”

Also Thursday, the Wall Street Journal reported that Iran is seeking to make billions of dollars in revenue by charging for security, safety and environmental services in the Strait of Hormuz.

The newspaper reported that Iran is promoting the idea by suggesting its Persian Gulf neighbors share the revenue from such services.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio and President Trump have flatly rejected the idea of ​​imposing tolls or fees on ships passing through the strait.

The Strait of Hormuz is the world’s most sensitive chokepoint for oil transport. Before the US and Israel launched their war against Iran at the end of February, 20% of the oil consumed by the world passed through the strait.

Under a 60-day agreement that suspended that war, Iran cannot impose tolls on ships sailing through the strait during that time.

Never miss the most trusted news moments in business news when you choose CNBC as your preferred source on Google.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleAnthropic’s Claude attracts paying consumers, a marketplace owned by ChatGPT
Next Article Ed Kelsey details similarities between Taylor Swift and Kylie Kelce
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

China threatens to retaliate against US ban on humanoid robots, claims it will cause ‘serious damage’ to relations

July 30, 2026

Samsung Electronics’ second-quarter operating profit exceeds expectations

July 30, 2026

US resumes attacks on Iran in retaliation for missile attack

July 30, 2026

JetBlue overhauls fare options from basic economy to basic first class

July 30, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Our Picks

Newly freed hostages face long road to recovery after two years in captivity

October 15, 2025

Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga dies at 80

October 15, 2025

New NATO member offers to buy more US weapons to Ukraine as Western aid dwindles

October 15, 2025

Russia expands drone targeting on Ukraine’s rail network

October 15, 2025
Don't Miss
Entertainment

Dakota Johnson, Ana de Armas, etc.

By adminJuly 30, 20260

Marilyn Monroe was the first to play Marilyn Monroe. “Do you want to see me…

The Game of Thrones and Doctor Who actor was 80 years old

July 30, 2026

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ prison release date moved to January 2028

July 30, 2026

Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling’s “Crazy, Stupid, Love” casting and audition details

July 30, 2026
About Us
About Us

Welcome to BWE News – your trusted source for timely, reliable, and insightful news from around the globe.

At BWE News, we believe in keeping our readers informed with facts that matter. Our mission is to deliver clear, unbiased, and up-to-date news so you can stay ahead in an ever-changing world.

Our Picks

French student fined for licking straw in Singapore

July 30, 2026

Live updates: US resumes attack on Iran as war expands to involve more countries

July 30, 2026

Russia launches large-scale attack on Ukraine, unidentified projectile explodes in Poland

July 30, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 bwenews. Designed by bwenews.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.