Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

What's Hot

Lululemon Anniversary Lowest Price: Align Leggings, Everywhere Belt Bag

May 23, 2026

F1 legend Prost suffers head injury during suspected robbery at home in Switzerland | 2020 Motorsport News

May 23, 2026

Walmart executives step down under CEO John Furner

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Vimeo
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
Home » Democratic Republic of the Congo will not change World Cup preparations despite US Ebola warning | 2026 World Cup News
Sports

Democratic Republic of the Congo will not change World Cup preparations despite US Ebola warning | 2026 World Cup News

adminBy adminMay 23, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


The United States, co-hosting the World Cup, has warned the Democratic Republic of Congo’s team to quarantine over Ebola concerns.

Published May 23, 2026May 23, 2026

The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has no plans to change its preparations for the 2026 World Cup, despite a warning from the United States that the team must quarantine for 21 days before entering the country, team officials said.

White House World Cup Task Force Executive Director Andrew Giuliani acknowledged Friday that the Congolese delegation must remain in a training bubble in Belgium and quarantine for 21 days or risk being denied entry due to the central African country’s deadly Ebola outbreak.

Recommended stories

list of 4 itemsend of list

The Congolese team will be based in Houston for the tournament and will play their Group K opener against Portugal on June 17th, followed by Colombia in Guadalajara, Mexico on June 23rd and Uzbekistan in Atlanta on June 27th.

“We’ve been very clear with Congo that they should maintain bubble integrity for 21 days before coming to Houston on June 11,” Giuliani told ESPN on Saturday.

“We have also been very clear with the Congolese government that they need to maintain a bubble or risk not being able to travel to the United States. We couldn’t be more clear.”

However, a team spokesperson said the schedule remains unchanged at this stage and includes a friendly against Denmark in Liege, Belgium, on June 3 and a friendly against Chile in Cadiz, Spain, six days later.

“We are continuing our training program. There are no players from the Democratic Republic of Congo in the team,” the source said.

The entire squad, including coach Sebastian Desabres, are based outside the DRC, mostly in Europe. Several team officials arrived at a training camp in Belgium from the Democratic Republic of the Congo earlier this week.

The team had planned a three-day trip to Kinshasa next week as a celebratory send-off before heading to their first World Cup in 52 years, but that trip has been cancelled.

The World Health Organization on Friday said the risk of the rare Bundibugyo strain of Ebola developing into a nationwide outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is “very high” and declared the outbreaks in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and neighboring Uganda an emergency of international concern.

Nearly 750 suspected cases and nearly 177 deaths have been recorded following the outbreak in the DRC.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleConcert ticket prices are reshaping summer live music demand
Next Article Alix Earle talks about dating older men, rumors of romance with Tom Brady
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

F1 legend Prost suffers head injury during suspected robbery at home in Switzerland | 2020 Motorsport News

May 23, 2026

French Open ‘positive’ talks with players over tennis controversy | Tennis News

May 23, 2026

Mamelodi Sundowns vs AS FAR Rabat: CAF Champions League Final Preview | Soccer News

May 23, 2026

North Korean women’s team wins Asian Champions League in South Korea | Sports News

May 23, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Our Picks

Newly freed hostages face long road to recovery after two years in captivity

October 15, 2025

Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga dies at 80

October 15, 2025

New NATO member offers to buy more US weapons to Ukraine as Western aid dwindles

October 15, 2025

Russia expands drone targeting on Ukraine’s rail network

October 15, 2025
Don't Miss
Entertainment

Lululemon Anniversary Lowest Price: Align Leggings, Everywhere Belt Bag

By adminMay 23, 20260

congratulations. We made it through the long Memorial Day weekend without incident. You can enjoy…

Alix Earle talks about dating older men, rumors of romance with Tom Brady

May 23, 2026

Brandi Glanville may have ‘STI ringworm’ in her throat

May 23, 2026

Grizz Chapman, 30-year-old rock actor, dies at 52

May 23, 2026
About Us
About Us

Welcome to BWE News – your trusted source for timely, reliable, and insightful news from around the globe.

At BWE News, we believe in keeping our readers informed with facts that matter. Our mission is to deliver clear, unbiased, and up-to-date news so you can stay ahead in an ever-changing world.

Our Picks

China’s worst coal mine explosion in more than a decade kills 82 people

May 23, 2026

US, Iran signal progress towards agreement as mediator leaves Tehran

May 23, 2026

Hardline general wanted by Interpol emerges as key figure in Iran war

May 23, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 bwenews. Designed by bwenews.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.