Subscribe to Updates
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news
Author: admin
All of those arrested were men, ranging in age from 17 to 67, and most were charged with racially aggravated public crimes.Police have arrested 11 people during violent demonstrations in Birmingham ahead of a politically charged Europa League match between Aston Villa and Israel’s Maccabi Tel Aviv.Pro-Palestinian and pro-Israel supporters gathered outside the stadium in protest on Thursday night, but despite the tensions, the match proceeded without major disruption.Recommended stories list of 4 itemsend of listThe match, which was held at Villa Park in Birmingham, saw the hosts defeat Maccabi Tel Aviv 2-0 and was played under heavy security.In a…
Let’s check out the companies that are becoming a hot topic for after-hours trading. Take-Two Interactive Software — Shares of the video game developer plunged 7% after Take-Two subsidiary Rockstar Games announced it would further delay the release of Grand Theft Auto VI from May 2026 to November 2026. This announcement marks the second postponement for the highly anticipated game. Airbnb — Airbnb stock rose about 5% in after-hours trading after the company reported strong third-quarter results and guidance. Airbnb had revenue of $4.1 billion and earnings of $2.21 per share, compared to analyst estimates compiled by LSEG of $2.34…
Tan Su Shan is CEO and Director of DBS Group.Bloomberg | Bloomberg | Getty ImagesThe chief executive of Southeast Asia’s largest bank is warning investors to expect turmoil ahead as U.S. stock market valuations continue to rise.”We’re seeing a lot of volatility in the market. It could be stocks, it could be interest rates, it could be currency.” DBS CEO Tan Hsu Xiang told CNBC, adding that he expects this volatility to continue.Tan, who took over the reins of DBS from longtime CEO Piyush Gupta in March, said investors were particularly concerned about the high valuations of artificial intelligence stocks,…
The formal commissioning of China’s newest and most capable aircraft carrier is a significant step forward for Beijing as it seeks to catch up with the United States in naval supremacy. Chinese leader Xi Jinping presided over a commissioning ceremony at the military port in Sanya, Hainan Island, earlier this week, Chinese state broadcaster CCTV reported on Friday. According to Chinese state media, Fujian is China’s third and most advanced aircraft carrier, equipped with electromagnetic catapults that can launch three types of aircraft. A new technology known as EMALS allows planes to take off with heavier weapons and fuel, allowing…
Two of Special Forces’ toughest recruits are headed home, but not by choice. Christy Pierce Rampone and Mark Estes were forced to leave Season 4 early after experiencing separate health issues during the Nov. 6 episode of the Fox reality competition series. On the seventh day of a physically and mentally taxing experience, Christy woke up in the Moroccan desert barely able to breathe after coughing all night. The former Olympic soccer champion, who was suffering severely from respiratory problems, sought medical attention. The 49-year-old told Special Forces doctor Andy Brown: “I need something” and “I can’t breathe.” After a…
Traders work during EvoMune Inc.’s initial public offering (IPO) at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on Thursday, November 6, 2025, in New York, USA. Michael Nagle | Bloomberg | Getty ImagesStock futures rose slightly on Thursday night as U.S. stocks continued to fall as the market’s biggest technology stocks fell.Futures linked to the Dow Jones Industrial Average 95 points, or about 0.2%, were added. S&P futures and Nasdaq 100 futures Each rose by about 0.3%.Key leaders in artificial intelligence lost ground on Thursday, with the following names emerging. Nvidia, advanced micro device, tesla and microsoft This marked a significant…
Prince Harry is truly sorry. The Duke of Sussex has issued a heartfelt apology after receiving criticism for wearing a Los Angeles Dodgers baseball cap to represent the Toronto Blue Jays while attending Game 3 of the 2025 World Series with his wife, Duchess Meghan. As Prince Harry told CTV News in an interview published on Nov. 6, “I want to apologize to Canada for wearing this.” However, the 41-year-old pointed out that his attire choice was outside of his control, considering he attended the Oct. 28 game with LA native Meghan and Dodgers majority owner Mark Walter. “I was…
draft kings CEO Jason Robbins told CNBC’s Jim Cramer that prediction markets aren’t driving customers away from sports betting, emphasizing that the two offer different offerings.”If you go in and look at the product for five minutes, you’ll see what I mean. It’s night and day,” Robbins said. “I don’t think the market can match our business in terms of size or even pricing.”Robbins pointed to markets in the UK and Western Europe where both exchange-based betting and traditional sports betting exist. In these areas, “exchange products typically account for a low to mid-single digit share of the overall industry…
Businesses invested more than $250 billion in artificial intelligence last year, as companies rush to develop intelligence-powered products and services. Spending has maintained this pace this year and is expected to increase further as Big Tech companies such as Meta, Alphabet and Microsoft compete for AI supremacy and pump more money into the technology. While these US giants dominate the conversation, countless others tend to fly under the radar, but still play important roles in the AI supply chain. From chip makers to companies that extend the lifespan of chips, here are the stocks that are attracting attention from investors…
Reuters — The South African government announced Thursday that it will investigate how 17 nationals who sent a distress call asking for help to return home during the Russia-Ukraine conflict ended up joining a mercenary force. A statement released by the South African President’s Office said the men were lured into the fight on the pretext of lucrative employment contracts. The newspaper said they were all between 20 and 39 years old and were trapped in Ukraine’s Donbas region, adding that the government was working to bring them home. “President Cyril Ramaphosa has ordered an investigation into the circumstances that…