Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

What's Hot

The man who murdered four teenage girls in Texas in 1991

May 23, 2026

Stellantis CEO recognizes potential for Chinese cars in North America

May 23, 2026

US drivers will pay the highest gas prices in four years this Memorial Day

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Vimeo
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
Home » Stellantis CEO recognizes potential for Chinese cars in North America
Finance

Stellantis CEO recognizes potential for Chinese cars in North America

adminBy adminMay 23, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Stellantis CEO Antonio Filosa listens to U.S. President Donald Trump’s announcement of new fuel efficiency standards in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC, on December 3, 2025.

brian snyder reuter

Auburn Hills, Michigan — Stellantis Chief Executive Officer Antonio Filosa said he believes there is an opportunity to expand partnerships with automakers in North America to replenish factories and expand sales, and there is potential to produce Chinese-branded cars outside the United States.

Filosa said Thursday that the company “certainly” sees opportunities with Chinese automaker Zhejiang Leap Motor Technology to expand vehicle production and sales into Mexico and possibly Canada.

“We believe there is space in Mexico. … There may be space in Canada as well. We’ll see,” he said at a press conference after an investor day at the company’s North American headquarters near Detroit. “There’s no space in the United States right now. We don’t see it that way.”

Traditional automakers, especially those with deep regional roots such as Stellantis, have been concerned about the expansion of Chinese automakers into North America. U.S. executives have expressed concern that the business could become a gateway to American consumers.

Read more about Stellantis

Amid trade tensions with the United States, Canada is now allowing 49,000 Chinese-made electric vehicles a year to be imported for retail sale at a 6.1% tariff.

A notable option in Canada is the large Stellantis assembly plant in Brampton, Ontario, just outside of Toronto. The plant has not produced any new cars since ending production of the Dodge Charger and Challenger in December 2023.

Bloomberg News reported last month, citing people familiar with the matter, that Stellantis was discussing options with Leap Motor to build electric vehicles in Canada.

Filosa said the partnership between Stellantis and Leap Motor continues to grow as a way for the company to grow sales, learn from Chinese competitors and share capital expenditures.

Starting in 2023, Stellantis will also be a 51% majority owner of the joint venture with Leap Motor, which includes exclusive rights to sell and manufacture its products outside of Greater China.

Earlier this week, Stellantis, Leap Motor’s largest shareholder with a 21% stake, announced expanded partnerships with Chinese automakers and the creation of a European joint venture with Chinese automaker Dongfeng.

In the U.S., Filosa said there are still opportunities for the company to partner with brands outside of China, such as the announcement earlier this week to explore a partnership with Jaguar Land Rover.

“We think there is potential for us to partner with other projects in the U.S.,” he said at a media briefing. “JLR, this is a partnership that works very well for both parties, because we see that the profile of what we industrialize and what we build is not that different… So there are synergies in the product concept that we can share with JLR.”

Never miss the most trusted news moments in business news when you choose CNBC as your preferred source on Google.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleUS drivers will pay the highest gas prices in four years this Memorial Day
Next Article The man who murdered four teenage girls in Texas in 1991
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

US drivers will pay the highest gas prices in four years this Memorial Day

May 23, 2026

President Trump’s Justice Department ‘legal affairs’ fund targeted in new lawsuit

May 23, 2026

‘Extra’ home ownership costs more than $23,000 per year and could rise further

May 23, 2026

Consumer sentiment hits record low in May as inflation concerns rise due to Iran war

May 23, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Our Picks

Newly freed hostages face long road to recovery after two years in captivity

October 15, 2025

Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga dies at 80

October 15, 2025

New NATO member offers to buy more US weapons to Ukraine as Western aid dwindles

October 15, 2025

Russia expands drone targeting on Ukraine’s rail network

October 15, 2025
Don't Miss
Entertainment

The man who murdered four teenage girls in Texas in 1991

By adminMay 23, 20260

On December 6, 1991, Jennifer Harbison was working at I Can’t Believe It’s Yogurt! With…

Danny Go!’s Daniel Coleman talks about his late son Isaac’s battle with cancer

May 23, 2026

AMAs 2026: Taylor Swift absent

May 23, 2026

Virgin River’s Stewart McLean missing, believed to be murder victim

May 23, 2026
About Us
About Us

Welcome to BWE News – your trusted source for timely, reliable, and insightful news from around the globe.

At BWE News, we believe in keeping our readers informed with facts that matter. Our mission is to deliver clear, unbiased, and up-to-date news so you can stay ahead in an ever-changing world.

Our Picks

Battlefield losses and economic pain will increase pressure on Putin, European spy chief says

May 23, 2026

Freed Gaza Platoon activists accuse of sexual violence and abuse in Israeli military custody

May 22, 2026

Holy deception: Rome’s ‘sexy priest’ calendar star never set foot in a seminary

May 22, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 bwenews. Designed by bwenews.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.