Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

What's Hot

Cardi B, Kendrick Lamar considered lead candidate

May 20, 2026

Radar reaches unicorn status with Series B funding round

May 20, 2026

Google just declared itself an AI design candidate at IO 2026

May 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Vimeo
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
Home » Southampton banned from world’s most lucrative soccer match for spying | Soccer News
Sports

Southampton banned from world’s most lucrative soccer match for spying | Soccer News

adminBy adminMay 19, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Southampton were eliminated from the EFL Championship play-off final, with Middlesbrough spying on Hull for a place in the Premier League.

Published May 19, 2026May 19, 2026

Southampton have been expelled from the English Football League (EFL) Championship play-off final after admitting to spying on semi-final opponents Middlesbrough’s training sessions.

As a result of Tuesday’s decision, Middlesbrough are back in action and will face Hull at Wembley on Saturday for a place in English football’s Premier League.

Recommended stories

list of 4 itemsend of list

The match is considered the most lucrative in world soccer, as the winner will earn promotion to the Premier League, the world’s richest club competition, and earn an additional 200 million British pounds ($268 million).

A statement from the EFL said Southampton had admitted a number of breaches relating to “unauthorized filming of other clubs’ training sessions” and will receive a four-point penalty for next season.

“The independent disciplinary committee has today expelled Southampton from the Sky Bet Championship play-offs,” the EFL said in a statement.

Southampton, who were relegated from the Premier League last season, have confirmed they will appeal against the sanction.

The EFL said both parties were working to ensure the appeal hearing takes place on Wednesday.

The EFL said: “Depending on the result, there may be further changes to the content of Saturday’s match.”

A member of Southampton’s coaching staff was caught recording training sessions on his mobile phone by Middlesbrough officials.

The EFL confirmed further charges had been brought against Southampton and also confirmed the club had observed training sessions ahead of games against Oxford and Ipswich.

The first leg ended 0-0, but Southampton won the second leg 2-1 after extra time.

Middlesbrough Council has released a statement welcoming the outcome of the disciplinary committee hearing.

“We believe this sends a clear message to the future of our game regarding sporting integrity and conduct,” it said in a statement.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleAI stocks helped bulls power through multiple threats. But is this market too out of balance right now?
Next Article Love Island USA’s Jaylen Brown marries Joya Ranae at wedding ceremony
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

Arsenal’s Arteta insists Premier League will take a step away from Guardiola’s shadow | Soccer News

May 20, 2026

US allows Democratic Republic of the Congo soccer team to play in World Cup despite Ebola restrictions | 2026 World Cup News

May 19, 2026

Man City draw with Bournemouth, Arsenal crowned Premier League champions | Soccer News

May 19, 2026

Neymar will play in the World Cup. Why did Brazil name him in their national team? | Soccer News

May 19, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Our Picks

Newly freed hostages face long road to recovery after two years in captivity

October 15, 2025

Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga dies at 80

October 15, 2025

New NATO member offers to buy more US weapons to Ukraine as Western aid dwindles

October 15, 2025

Russia expands drone targeting on Ukraine’s rail network

October 15, 2025
Don't Miss
Entertainment

Cardi B, Kendrick Lamar considered lead candidate

By adminMay 20, 20260

Sportswoman of the Year Award Aja Wilson — Basketball Angel Reese — Basketball Claressa Shields…

Brooke Averick reveals she will miss Phoebe Berman’s real-world influence

May 20, 2026

Hayden Panettiere talks about the dynamic change in Connie Britton’s fame in Nashville

May 20, 2026

Emily Henry addresses Patrick Schwarzenegger’s Beach Reid casting criticism

May 20, 2026
About Us
About Us

Welcome to BWE News – your trusted source for timely, reliable, and insightful news from around the globe.

At BWE News, we believe in keeping our readers informed with facts that matter. Our mission is to deliver clear, unbiased, and up-to-date news so you can stay ahead in an ever-changing world.

Our Picks

Thirty years ago, Cuba shot down a plane carrying Americans. Former President Raul Castro may also be indicted in this case.

May 19, 2026

Fidel Castro’s daughter has no love for Cuba’s regime, but warns not to underestimate it

May 19, 2026

Far-right Israeli Minister Bezalel Smotrich says ICC seeks arrest warrant

May 19, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 bwenews. Designed by bwenews.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.