Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

What's Hot

President Trump worries about possible odor

February 19, 2026

Dorinda, Traitors Season 4 Reunion, Medley About A Golden Life

February 19, 2026

FDA chief warns U.S. lags behind China in early drug trials

February 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Vimeo
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
Home » President Trump releases overdue funds for New York-New Jersey Gateway tunnel construction: Hochul
Finance

President Trump releases overdue funds for New York-New Jersey Gateway tunnel construction: Hochul

adminBy adminFebruary 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


October 23, 2025, at the Gateway Tunnel site near West 30th Street and 11th Avenue in Hudson Yards, Manhattan.

Barry Williams | New York Daily News | Getty Images

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said Wednesday that the Trump administration has released remaining funds it had set aside for construction of a major rail tunnel between Manhattan and New Jersey.

Hochul said in a statement that the federal government has provided free of charge the remaining $98 million owed for the Gateway project, which increases passenger rail capacity to Manhattan, and an additional $30 million in reimbursement for work completed in January.

The frozen funds were released in phases over nearly two weeks after a federal judge blocked the Trump administration’s withholding of funds for projects scheduled to break ground in 2023. Following the Feb. 6 order, the administration released $30 million on Feb. 13, followed by another $77 million earlier this week.

The funding cut, which began on the eve of the Oct. 1 government shutdown, caused a complete shutdown this month and threatened the jobs of about 1,000 employees.

The Democratic governor said in a statement Wednesday that contractors have been directed to prepare to resume construction next week.

“Today’s progress is important, but we need certainty that Gateway funding will continue for the duration of the project,” Hochul said. “The federal government has a legal obligation to fully fund Gateway, and New York State will not accept anything less.”

Read more CNBC’s political coverage

Just two days ago, President Donald Trump denounced the project as “future profiteering” and claimed in a post on Truth Social that it would cost “billions of dollars more than predicted or anticipated.”

Trump claimed the federal government was not responsible for cost overruns related to the $16 billion project.

In the same post, he denied reports that he had offered to waive federal funding for Gateway in exchange for New York’s Penn Station being renamed after him. The station was named after its builder and original occupant, the Pennsylvania Railroad.

“These funds should never have been withheld in the first place,” said New York Attorney General Letitia James, who sued the Trump administration along with New Jersey Acting Attorney General Jennifer Davenport.

“I’m excited to get hardworking New Yorkers back to work and move forward on some of our nation’s most important infrastructure projects,” James said in a press release. “We will remain vigilant to ensure this funding continues uninterrupted to ensure that workers and commuters are not once again left in the lurch by the President’s targeted and illegal whims.”

The Hudson River Tunnel project is the most important part of the Gateway program, which aims to renovate a large amount of public infrastructure in New York and New Jersey.

The existing rail tunnel, known as the North River Tunnel, carries 200,000 passengers under the Hudson River each day. Officials say it was built 116 years ago and was in need of restoration even before it was severely damaged by Superstorm Sandy in 2012.

The Gateway project will rehabilitate the existing tunnel and create a new rail tunnel with two tracks connecting to Penn Station.

The federal government and the states of New York and New Jersey are funding the tunnel project. Amtrak is also committing more than $1 billion to the project.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleJosh Duggar’s wife Anna Duggar returns to Instagram
Next Article NYFW Sleepy Girl at-home makeup trends
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

President Trump worries about possible odor

February 19, 2026

FDA chief warns U.S. lags behind China in early drug trials

February 19, 2026

Stocks with the biggest after-hours price movements: CVNA, ETSY, DASH, BKNG

February 19, 2026

President Trump stokes election access fire as Republicans back voter ID mandate

February 19, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Our Picks

Newly freed hostages face long road to recovery after two years in captivity

October 15, 2025

Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga dies at 80

October 15, 2025

New NATO member offers to buy more US weapons to Ukraine as Western aid dwindles

October 15, 2025

Russia expands drone targeting on Ukraine’s rail network

October 15, 2025
Don't Miss
Entertainment

Dorinda, Traitors Season 4 Reunion, Medley About A Golden Life

By adminFebruary 19, 20260

RHONY’s Dorinda Medley talks about her position with her ‘Golden Life’ co-stars (Exclusive)Dorinda Medley is…

NYFW Sleepy Girl at-home makeup trends

February 19, 2026

Josh Duggar’s wife Anna Duggar returns to Instagram

February 19, 2026

Joy Behar, The View co-host on weight loss with GLP-1

February 19, 2026
About Us
About Us

Welcome to BWE News – your trusted source for timely, reliable, and insightful news from around the globe.

At BWE News, we believe in keeping our readers informed with facts that matter. Our mission is to deliver clear, unbiased, and up-to-date news so you can stay ahead in an ever-changing world.

Our Picks

Summary of the Year of the Horse, Lunar New Year, and Lunar New Year

February 19, 2026

Close Your Eyes: From survival show to global K-pop sensation

February 19, 2026

Greece is working with other European countries to set up migrant deportation hubs outside the EU. Click here for the latest information on the plan.

February 18, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 bwenews. Designed by bwenews.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.