Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

What's Hot

King Charles distances himself from Andrew after brother’s arrest

February 20, 2026

Grey’s Anatomy star Eric Dane dies at age 53 after battling ALS

February 20, 2026

NBA seeks to embrace content creators and protect live sports rights

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Vimeo
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
Home » President Erdogan blocks Prime Minister Netanyahu’s high-level summit at Red Sea resort
World

President Erdogan blocks Prime Minister Netanyahu’s high-level summit at Red Sea resort

adminBy adminOctober 14, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


ANKARA, Türkiye (AP) — Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan He has made it clear that he will not accept the Prime Minister of Israel. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu A senior official said on Tuesday that Israeli leaders will not attend a high-level summit in Egypt, adding that the Turkish government plans to prevent Israeli leaders from attending the meeting.

The statement by Erdogan’s ruling party spokesman Omer Çelik was the first public confirmation that Turkey had been actively working to prevent Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu from participating in Monday’s rally. Summit at the Red Sea Resort of Sharm El Sheikh The aim was to support the ceasefire in Gaza.

President Erdoğan, whose government maintains ties with Hamas, was one of the signatories of the Four-Party Declaration along with Hamas. US President Donald Trump and the leaders of Egypt and Qatar.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office declined to comment Tuesday.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu initially accepted a last-minute invitation to attend the summit, but he later announced that he would not attend, citing a Jewish holiday.

On Monday, a Turkish government official who requested anonymity to discuss the matter told The Associated Press that Erdogan, a vocal critic of Netanyahu’s military actions in Gaza, had launched diplomatic efforts to prevent Netanyahu from attending. The official said Turkey’s initiative had the support of several other countries and ultimately led to Netanyahu’s withdrawal.

“The president’s position is absolutely clear,” Çelik told reporters. “He will never accept being in the same picture frame as Prime Minister Netanyahu. He will never accept being in the same summit. He will never accept sitting at the same table.”

Çelik said Turkey always prepares multiple scenarios ahead of such summits. “Prime Minister Netanyahu’s participation was initially off the table,” he said. “But we are preparing for every scenario, so we were already thinking about how we would respond if such a situation were to arise.”

On Monday, Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani also warned Egyptian and U.S. officials that he would withdraw from the summit if Netanyahu attended, according to the state-run Iraqi News Agency.

President Erdogan did not comment publicly on Türkiye’s role in preventing Netanyahu from attending.

In a speech on Tuesday, President Erdogan hailed the declaration signed in Egypt as an important step towards stopping what he called “genocide” in Gaza. President Erdogan has repeatedly accused Israel of committing genocide in Gaza, a claim Israel strongly denies.

Despite the breakthrough, the scars of two years of intense suffering may never fully heal, and rebuilding Gaza will be a long process, Turkey’s president said.

“The devastation caused by the genocide may never be fully repaired,” he said. “Rebuilding Gaza will likely take many years.”

Meanwhile, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s plane canceled its landing in Sharm el-Sheikh on Monday due to problems with the runway, according to the government-linked Hürriyet newspaper. The report denied claims that the presidential plane circled over the Red Sea as Erdogan threatened to boycott the talks.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleBlake Lively and Justin Baldoni’s legal battle: Dealing with extortion claims
Next Article Government shutdown is unique as workers face layoffs
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

Newly freed hostages face long road to recovery after two years in captivity

October 15, 2025

Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga dies at 80

October 15, 2025

New NATO member offers to buy more US weapons to Ukraine as Western aid dwindles

October 15, 2025

Russia expands drone targeting on Ukraine’s rail network

October 15, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Our Picks

Newly freed hostages face long road to recovery after two years in captivity

October 15, 2025

Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga dies at 80

October 15, 2025

New NATO member offers to buy more US weapons to Ukraine as Western aid dwindles

October 15, 2025

Russia expands drone targeting on Ukraine’s rail network

October 15, 2025
Don't Miss
Entertainment

Grey’s Anatomy star Eric Dane dies at age 53 after battling ALS

By adminFebruary 20, 20260

And despite a difficult health battle, Eric did everything he could to stay positive. “I…

ALS, Lou Gehrig’s disease quotes

February 20, 2026

Eric Dane passes away: Celebrities react

February 20, 2026

LolaVie Sculpting Paste, the product Jennifer Aniston wanted on set

February 20, 2026
About Us
About Us

Welcome to BWE News – your trusted source for timely, reliable, and insightful news from around the globe.

At BWE News, we believe in keeping our readers informed with facts that matter. Our mission is to deliver clear, unbiased, and up-to-date news so you can stay ahead in an ever-changing world.

Our Picks

King Charles distances himself from Andrew after brother’s arrest

February 20, 2026

North Korea’s Kim Jong-un shows off cockpit of mobile rocket launcher

February 20, 2026

Seedance 2.0: China’s latest AI is good enough to shock Hollywood. Will its technology sector put on the brakes?

February 20, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 bwenews. Designed by bwenews.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.