Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

What's Hot

As the ultra-wealthy grow in wealth, their spending on private investment companies also increases.

February 20, 2026

British couple in Iran: UK condemns British couple in Iran to 10 years in prison

February 20, 2026

Sheer Skin Tint Hydrating Balm Wins 2026 Plumping Skin Trend

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Vimeo
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • AI
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • USA
  • World
  • Latest News
BWE News – USA, World, Tech, AI, Finance, Sports & Entertainment Updates
Home » King Charles distances himself from Andrew after brother’s arrest
Latest News

King Charles distances himself from Andrew after brother’s arrest

adminBy adminFebruary 20, 2026No Comments5 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


london
—

King Charles’s statement was swift and severe. It said authorities were providing “full and wholehearted support and cooperation” and that “the law must take appropriate action.”

Hours earlier, his brother had been arrested at his home on the Crown’s private estate in Sandringham, north London. It was a surprising development, even by the standards of a family unaccustomed to controversy.

The king’s succinct response, in just over 100 words, could not be clearer in his own name. “My family and I will continue our duty and service to you,” he concluded. Translation: I place my duty to my country above any sympathy I may have for my brother.

Prince William and Duchess Kate support the strategy, and the most senior members of the royal family are understood to be united behind it.

The king’s tactics in dealing with the allegations surrounding Andrew contrasted with those of his late mother, Queen Elizabeth II.

Andrew was reportedly her favorite son, and critics have previously said she did not act quickly enough to hold Mountbatten-Windsor to account for the fallout from her friendship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Many are wondering why she allowed Buckingham Palace to be used as the location for her disastrous 2019 BBC interview in which she tried to dispel cheating allegations.


Some are questioning why the late Queen allegedly offered Andrew millions of dollars to settle a civil sexual assault lawsuit brought by Virginia Giuffre in 2021.

Police officers walk the road to Royal Lodge in Windsor on Thursday.

Despite the payment, Andrew always denied all of Giuffre’s claims and said he had no recollection of meeting her, even though they took pictures together.

By contrast, King Charles has taken a more assertive stance in dealing with his brother since taking the throne in 2022. King Charles was reportedly exploring the option of removing Andrew from the Windsor residence long before stripping his brother of his ‘prince’ status and kicking him from the royal estate in October.

Notably, Prince Charles did not specifically refer to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor as his brother in his statement released on Thursday.

A royal source told CNN that neither King Charles nor the palace received advance warning of Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest. An arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office is not an indication of guilt, of course, but it marks another extraordinary moment in Andrew’s long fall from grace.

Police said he has been released but remains under investigation. No charges have been filed.

The former prince has not publicly responded to the latest allegations, which emerged after the US Department of Justice released millions of documents related to Epstein. Mr Mountbatten-Windsor has repeatedly denied any allegations of wrongdoing, saying he never witnessed or suspected Mr Epstein of any of the acts he is accused of.

He has not commented on recent allegations of misconduct in public office.

But Thursday’s events, which began with a convoy of unmarked police vehicles arriving early in the morning at Andrew’s temporary home at Sandringham estate on his 66th birthday, left Britain’s royal family staring at one of its biggest crises in decades.

In some ways, this development was shocking, but not at all surprising, given the growing weight of suspicion against Andrew that has loomed large over the entire family over the years.

The Palace confirmed last week that Prince Charles would assist authorities in their investigation. If questioned, it would mean the Palace could allow police to access internal communications between Andrew and others.

Due to their 11-year age difference, Charles and Andrew are not thought to have been particularly close from an early age. The king is known to have an even stronger bond with his younger sister, Princess Anne.

The brothers probably became closest in the 1980s, as the two women were known to be good friends, after Charles married Diana and Andrew married Sarah Ferguson.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor speaks with King Charles as he leaves Westminster Cathedral in London in September.

Royal historian Kate Williams told CNN: “While their relationship has drifted apart in recent years, when they were younger they were members of the royal family together, knew each other well and their families were close.”

She also said the family is currently “going through some major issues that are separating them from Andrew.”

She expects the public may now demand more accountability from the king and the wider family.

“The question will increasingly be asked, ‘What did Charles know?’ And people will start saying, ‘What did William know?'” Williams said. “This will be the biggest challenge the royal family has faced since Princess Diana’s death.”

Royal critic Sandro Monetti said: “The Andrew issue has defined, and will continue to define, King Charles’ entire reign.”

“I would like to point out that despite what has been taken away from Andrew, he is still eighth in line to the throne,” Monetti added, suggesting that calls to change this could be heard in parliament in the coming days.

“The actions he is accused of put the entire future of the monarchy at risk,” he said.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleGrey’s Anatomy star Eric Dane dies at age 53 after battling ALS
Next Article China’s humanoid robots go from viral stumble to Kung Fu reversal in one year
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

British couple in Iran: UK condemns British couple in Iran to 10 years in prison

February 20, 2026

North Korea’s Kim Jong-un shows off cockpit of mobile rocket launcher

February 20, 2026

Seedance 2.0: China’s latest AI is good enough to shock Hollywood. Will its technology sector put on the brakes?

February 20, 2026

Venezuelan amnesty law: Caracas approves law to release hundreds of political prisoners

February 20, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Our Picks

Newly freed hostages face long road to recovery after two years in captivity

October 15, 2025

Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga dies at 80

October 15, 2025

New NATO member offers to buy more US weapons to Ukraine as Western aid dwindles

October 15, 2025

Russia expands drone targeting on Ukraine’s rail network

October 15, 2025
Don't Miss
Entertainment

Sheer Skin Tint Hydrating Balm Wins 2026 Plumping Skin Trend

By adminFebruary 20, 20260

If there’s one thing we’ve learned from the latest beauty trends for 2026, it’s to…

Grey’s Anatomy star Eric Dane dies at age 53 after battling ALS

February 20, 2026

ALS, Lou Gehrig’s disease quotes

February 20, 2026

Eric Dane passes away: Celebrities react

February 20, 2026
About Us
About Us

Welcome to BWE News – your trusted source for timely, reliable, and insightful news from around the globe.

At BWE News, we believe in keeping our readers informed with facts that matter. Our mission is to deliver clear, unbiased, and up-to-date news so you can stay ahead in an ever-changing world.

Our Picks

British couple in Iran: UK condemns British couple in Iran to 10 years in prison

February 20, 2026

King Charles distances himself from Andrew after brother’s arrest

February 20, 2026

North Korea’s Kim Jong-un shows off cockpit of mobile rocket launcher

February 20, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 bwenews. Designed by bwenews.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.