The former world number one said he was not yet ready to compete as he was still recovering from a serious injury sustained in April.
Published May 19, 2026
Carlos Alcaraz, the world No. 2 in men’s tennis, said Tuesday that he will miss Wimbledon as he recovers from a right wrist injury that forced him to miss the French Open.
The 23-year-old seven-time Grand Slam champion has not played since withdrawing from last month’s Barcelona Open.
Recommended stories
list of 4 itemsend of list
“My recovery is going well and I am feeling much better, but unfortunately I am not ready to play yet. As such, I must withdraw from the grass court swings at Queen’s and Wimbledon,” the 2023 and 2024 Wimbledon champion wrote on X.
Alcaraz’s rivalry with Italian Jannik Sinner has captivated the world of men’s tennis, and his absence from the next two Grand Slam tournaments is a huge blow to fans and broadcasters alike.
The pair played in an epic French Open final last year, with Alcaraz coming from behind to win the title and Sinner turning the tables and claiming the Wimbledon crown.
Alcaraz won the Australian Open this year, becoming the youngest player to complete a career Grand Slam.
