King Charles III does not condone his family’s actions.
After the monarch’s younger brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor (formerly Prince Andrew) was arrested on February 19, the same day as his 66th birthday, Prince Charles issued a statement condemning his brother.
A statement obtained by Sky News said: “It is with deep concern that we learned of the news of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and his alleged misconduct in public office.” “There will now be a full, fair and appropriate process whereby this matter is investigated in an appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.”
“In this regard, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and cooperation,” the 77-year-old continued. “Let me be clear: the law should move in that direction.”
However, he is unlikely to make any further statements on the subject.
“This process continues,” Charles concluded. “It would be inappropriate for me to comment further on this matter. In the meantime, my family and I will continue our duty and service to you.”
Earlier in the day, Thames Valley Police confirmed they had launched an investigation into allegations of misconduct in public office, which arose amid Andrew’s alleged relationship with Jeffrey Epstein. (Andrew had previously denied wrongdoing.)
